As part of our newly launched Date Explorer campaign we have asked fellow daters in other countries to share some insight into the dating game. This week we’ve visited Guido from Florence, Italy to answer our 5 questions about dating:
1. Where would you normally go out on a first date? Typically we’d go out to a restaurant, but somewhere quite laid back. Good food is a pretty important part of our culture, so people are pretty relaxed when there’s eating involved. You can also always find something to talk about when commenting on how your dinner tastes, and avoid silent moments getting too awkward by stuffing your mouth full of pasta – that way it seems all natural!
2. Who pays on the first date? I’m a gentleman so I pay for the date. It’s normal that men pay the bills at least during the first dates, and we think that it’s pretty rude ask to a girl to split the costs.
3. Would you end the date in a kiss? Yes of course!
4. How do you let your date know you’re interested in them? At the end of the dinner usually you say to them that it was a great night and you want to see them again. Straightforward and effective!
5. Who gets in touch first about a second date? Men like their macho status here in Italy, and I think many would feel quite hurt if the lady would take lead on this. But women here know how to play the game too, and texting is a good way to keeping in touch and reminding the guy that you’re really interested. Would you like to experience dating in the Italy? To celebrate 20 years of creating more dates and relationships than any other dating site, we are offering once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for one British single to become our Date Explorer, who will jet off to an all-expenses-paid trip to gather expertise from five foreign cities known for their vibrant and varied dating scenes: New York, Rio de Janeiro, Rome, Paris and Stockholm. Find out more about Date Explorer here