When craving asian food, most of us simply pop down to our local asian restaurant or order a takeaway, but where’s the sense of accomplishment in that? Here’s a winning meal that will impress your date and won’t leave you exhausted after making it!
Note: All ingredients listed should be available at large superstores
Typical Asian Dish – Butter chicken curry with rice
Bring your culinary skills to the table (quite literally) with this fragrant butter chicken curry – you’ll be amazed at how easy it is!
- 300g boneless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- ½ cup of chopped onion
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 green chilli
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp sugar
- ¼ cup cream
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- handful of chopped coriander leaves
1. Start off by putting the butter in a wok and add the garlic paste, chopped onion and cumin powder.
2. When the garlic and onion are slightly brown, that’s your cue to add in the turmeric powder, salt, green chillies and tomatoes.
3. Cook for a further two minutes before adding the chicken and stir regularly for evenly cooked chicken. For your peace of mind, check to see if the centre of a chicken piece is white and no longer pink.
4. Now stir in the sugar and water and allow to cook until the sauce thickens like gravy.
5. Finally, stir in the cream and garam masala.
Finish with a garnish of fresh coriander and serve with some basmati rice following the directions on the packet to cook.
For more asian dating menu inspiration take a look at our three course menu guide.Asian Dating