We have teamed up with Californian master mixologists A Bar Above to stir up a tasty treat that we could make to impress on a Polish date. It’s already our springtime favourite!
It’s officially spring, and that means love is in the air! With this cocktail you can impress your date without worrying about fancy bar equipment and using ingredients you probably already have at home.
Springtime in Warsaw is a bright, fizzy cocktail that’s a floral take on Krupnik the traditional Polish drink.
We substituted out the wintery spices like cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves for Chamomile tea a tea made with the flowers of the chamomile plant. Then we added a touch of lemon juice and a splash of seltzer water to lighten it up even more.
- 75 ml vodka
- 25 ml chamomile tea
- 25 ml part honey
- 25 ml lemon juice
- Sparkling Water
- First, prepare a strong cup of Chamomile tea. While still hot, set aside 25ml of the tea and add 25 ml of honey. Stir until the honey has completely dissolved. Let the tea cool completely.
- Add Vodka, prepared honeytea mixture, and lemon juice to a Highball or Collins glass. Stir with a spoon until they are well combined.
- Add ice to the glass until it is about 2/3 full.
- Fill the glass to the top with Seltzer water.
- (Optional) Garnish with a lemon wheel.
This cocktail is so simple, it’s hard to go wrong! The honey and tea flavor are perfect for a springtime picnic date or brunch in the sunshine. Feel free to make this recipe in large batches and serve by the pitcher!