Autumn is the best season for dating. With winter fast approaching, singles up their dating game in search a companion for the cold winter months ahead – after all, who doesn’t like a cozy night in? Luckily for all the singles out there looking for that special someone, we’ve compiled the ultimate guide to dating this autumn to woo your date and get those fires of romance started:
1. Mind bending exhibitions
Escape the dodgy weather and be entranced, amazed (and sometimes completely perplexed). Exhibitions are bound to divide opinion between you and your date, and make for instantly interesting conversation. Don’t miss out on:
- Audio-visual euphoria, zen and everything in between at EVERYTHING AT ONCE, 188 The Strand, London.
- Colour and feeling at Soul of a Nation: Art in the Age of Black Power, Superflex & more at the Tate Modern, Bankside, London
- Natural aquatic marvels at Whales: Beneath The Surface, Natural History Museum, Kensington, London
2. Colourful parks and cozy pubs (with roaring open fires)
The crowds of summer are long gone, and you’re free to wander through paths of glowing red, orange and browning leaves in peace, as nature puts on it’s own annual show for you and your date. But don’t stay out in the cold too long – meander your way towards a cozy pub to get toasty and chat over a well-earned drink! Here are some of our favourite park-pub combos:
- Hampstead Heath & The Spaniards Inn
- Battersea Park & The Price Albert
- Highgate Cemetery & The Red Lion & Sun
3. Bonfire night and fireworks
Nothing says autumn more than dazzling fireworks and hot drinks under the November sky. Take it from us, bonfire night is a pretty perfect date; the air or festivity, explosions of colour and sound are an exciting and heady mix to add to your date:
- Victoria Park fireworks
- Alexandra Palace fireworks
- Head up any of the famous hills for a more intimate show on the 5th of November; Primrose Hill and Parliament Hill are our favourites!
4. Get carving your pumpkin
Sometimes you just need to get back to the basics! Light some candles, whip up some Halloween themed cocktails and invite your date over for a pumpkin carving competition. If you’re of the baking persuasion, don’t forget to save that pulp and bake something delicious to share.
5. Oktoberfest steins & delights
It’ll be bustling, there’ll be beer aplenty and maybe some leiderhosen in the mix! This date will quite likely put the don’t-get-drunk-on-the-first-date rule out the window if you start your dating journey at a German themed beer festival, but should definitely help reveal your more relaxed self. Head over to:
- Erdinger Oktoberfest, Greenwich
- Brixton Oktoberfest, Brixton
- London Oktoberfest, Canary Wharf
6. Oscar-season movies
Autumn signals the start of a deluge of movies from directors and actors vying for those coveted Academy Awards is great news for all of us film lovers. Studies have shown that October and November are the best release month for eventual winners, so directors save up their best stuff to release around now. Recent autumn winners include ‘Moonlight’, ‘Shakespeare in Love’, ‘Rocky’, ‘Casablanca’…there’s something for everyone! Here are some of our favourite date worthy cinemas:
So, make the most of dating websites this autumn and start your dating journey today!