When you’re looking for someone who really suits you, it can be hard to tell where to start your search. Maybe you look at free dating sites for UK singles, or opt for subscription-based dating sites as these tend to place more emphasis on real relationships over something more fleeting.
We help singles who are ready to commit to find their right match. In fact, over 1.6 million people in the UK met their partner on Match!*
Read on to find out more about how we support our singles to begin real stories with someone special:
Free Online Dating Registration
At Match, it’s free to register. You’ll have the chance to set up your profile and start browsing through the profiles of other singles who are ready to commit. If you’re ready to start your search for that special someone, simply click the button at the top of the screen to begin your registration process, with no need to enter any card details in order to get your profile started.
To get your profile set up, we’ll ask you about your interests, to share a little about yourself and to include a few snaps. Perhaps you’ll want to share your sense of humour too with a joke or two. The more detail you want to give, the better – it’ll help your ideal match to find you more easily.Thousands of people have already met their partner on Match. Could you be next?
Free Dating Sites Or Subscription-Based Sites: Which Work Better?
Even on the best free online dating sites, you’ll often encounter quite a lot of spam messages. What you’re looking for in a dating site is also significant: often free dating sites and apps will tend to attract and encourage hook-up culture, or people who are searching for a short-term fling as opposed to a more meaningful connection.
At Match, we focus instead on bringing together committed singles who are looking for someone special and a real relationship. That’s why so many Brits know a Match couple – almost 1 in 5 of us!**
What does Match Offer Compared To Free Dating Sites?
As well as free registration, there’s lots that makes Match different – we really are all about helping you find your ideal match, which is why our app comes with all these handy features:
- Detailed profiles – There’s plenty of information on Match profiles so that you can really get a feel for the person behind the name when you’re deciding whether you’d like to get to know someone.
- Criteria Search – If there’s something specific you’re searching for in a relationship – maybe you’d like to meet someone who shares your faith, or you have a hobby which you’d like that special someone to also appreciate, you can search using our criteria search tool for profiles of people who match your interests.
- Different ways to talk- Singles have lots of different ways to talk and get to know each other on Match, without needing to share personal details (such as your phone number) before you’re ready. Start with instant messages or emails before moving to live voice chat and even a real video date, all on the app.
- Safe and secure – Feel confident using Match that your information is being handled securely, and that we’re taking care of the profiles you view. Every single profile picture and description on our site is moderated, and you have the freedom to block any members if you’re feeling uncomfortable, or to report them to our moderators. You’ll also have the opportunity to switch to ‘incognito mode’, if you’d like to browse someone’s profile without them knowing you’ve done so. You stay in control, so that you can have fun and feel confident with your dating journey.
- Personalised tips and recommendations – Our online dating coach, Lara, is here to help. She’ll show you profiles that we think might suit your interests, as well as sharing handy advice as you complete your profile and look for the right match. Feeling a little nervous? Lara will even offer you fun icebreakers to help you to start conversations with other serious singles.
- Themed events Take the pressure off of meeting up with committed singles in person at one of our laid-back themed events or activities. With anything from cocktails to comedy nights, as well as live advice and coaching sessions, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. This could even be a good way to meet face to face with someone who you’ve already been getting to know on Match! Our singles nights and events take place across the UK, too, so it’ll be easier to find someone from your local area if that’s a top priority.
So Which Are Best – Free Online Dating Sites Or Subscription-Based Apps?
It can be tempting to simply opt for free dating sites for UK singles, but if you’re searching for something more serious, we’d recommend that you consider a subscription-based app, as this will give you more opportunities to get to know singles who are ready to commit and are looking for a real relationship.
If you’re ready to start your dating journey, why not register for free on Match today? You’ll have the chance to set up your profile and get browsing through our singles without needing to share any payment card details. Search for people who meet your interests and with a bit of luck you’ll soon be getting to know someone who really suits you.
Who knows – perhaps you and your ideal match will soon be one of the real stories we’re proud to share on our website? Happy dating!
*Data based on an extrapolation from Research Now survey conducted in April 2018, among a representative sample of 10671 respondents aged 18+ in the UK, which has been combined with the total population of this age group (Source Eurostat 2018). 3% of interviewees have been in a relationship with someone they claim having met on Match.
** Survey conducted by Dynata in April 2019, among a representative sample of 10,671 persons aged 18+ in the UK (18% claim they know a couple who have met on Match).