If you’re looking to begin your Farnborough dating journey, you might be giving some thought to where you might like to meet that special someone. We’ve pulled together this handy guide to where and how to date in Farnborough:
Where To Meet Singles In Farnborough
It can be tricky to tell whether people who you meet in your day to day life are single and looking for a real relationship. That’s why nowadays, many of us choose to look on dating sites for serious singles in our local area. If you’re ready to find someone who really suits you in Farnborough, give Match a try.
At Match, we’ll help you to find someone special. We have thousands of detailed profiles from committed singles for you to browse, with the option to use our criteria search tool to find people who match specific interests or hobbies you have in mind.
Share your great story here ! Tell us your love story!
The 10 Best Locations For Farnborough Dating
Once you’ve met someone who really suits you on Match, you’ll be wanting to arrange a real date together. Here are some top tips for a great first date in Farnborough:
- Indoor Go Karting at TeamSport Show them your fun side with a trip to TeamSport. Share your driving prowess with an indoor go-karting session, while also having fun together. This isn’t the go-karting from your childhood, either – here you can race around 800 metres of multi-level track and let your competitive side out.
- Picnic in Queen Elizabeth Park If you’d prefer something a little more peaceful for your first date, why not pack a picnic and head over to Queen Elizabeth Park? Explore the woodland and resident wildlife while getting to know that special someone.
- The Tea Shop Around The Corner – Ideal for a romantic first meeting, head to The Tea Shop Around The Corner for a traditional afternoon tea with all of the trimmings. Don’t be put off if you need any special dietary requirements catered for – they offer gluten free, vegetarian and vegan options so are well placed to suit everyone’s needs.
- A cinema date at Vue – Get your popcorn at the ready with a trip to Vue. Maybe you’d prefer the reduced pressure of a cinema date – there’s less need to think of things to say, and even the opportunity for that iconic arm-over-the-shoulder move, should you fancy it. If you’re on a bit of a budget, be sure to check ahead of time, as they often offer discounted prices for certain days of the week.
- Everest Tandoori This delicious restaurant will meet all your Farnborough dating needs. Serving a wealth of traditional Indian and Nepalese dishes from a bright and fragrant menu for over 20 years now, this place is sure to wow. With 5 star reviews by the bucketload, you’re strongly recommended to book ahead – it can get busy, but that’s part of the charm. If you had another location in mind to eat at, perhaps one of the outdoor areas mentioned on this list, they do also offer a takeaway service.
- Canal Cruising on the Rosebud Head to the Guildford Canal where it meanders through Farnborough for a chance to cruise aboard the Rosebud, a 12-seater canal boat. Enjoy views of local wildlife from the water while getting to know that special someone. Keep an eye out ahead of time for the additional services offered occasionally on the Rosebud, including the chance to enjoy a cream tea on the canal.
- Brasserie Serving up intricately-plated British and European cuisine, this highly-rated restaurant is a good option if you’re not sure of your date’s food preferences and are wanting to impress. They cover a range of dietary needs and their puddings come particularly highly-rated. Expect chic interior design and good food and service, but be warned that they are a little pricey, so you may want to check the menu ahead of time to make sure it will work for your budget.
- Walk in Southwood Woodland Stretch your legs and take in the sights together in this beautiful local woodland. Comprising a massive 80 acres of land, there’s no shortage of space to explore here while enjoying your date’s company. Southwood is dedicated as a Site of Importance for Nature Conservation, and as such there’s all sorts of flora and fauna to discover, including bluebells and mature oak trees.
- Drinks at Sky Bar If you and your date are cocktail lovers, Sky Bar is the place to be. Oozing luxury and attention to detail within a trendy setting, Sky Bar make eye-catching bespoke cocktails from a varied menu. Expect some new flavours (anyone fancy a Silver Jet?) but also old tried and tested favourites such as Mojitos and Espresso Martinis.
- Farnborough Air Sciences Trust Museum Release your inner geek with a trip to the popular Farnborough Air Sciences Trust Museum. A good place to explore with plenty of exhibits to get a conversation going, the FAST museum is consistently rated as one of the best things to do in Farnborough. Showcasing aircraft throughout history as well as how they’ve developed up to the present day, this museum allows you to get up close and personal to a range of different planes as well as enjoying fun activities such as taking part in flight simulators or climbing into the cockpit.
What To Include In Your Farnborough Dating Profile
At Match, we’re all about detailed profiles from committed singles that help you to track down your ideal Match. Setting up your profile really doesn’t need to be any hassle though.
Here’s what you’ll need to include in your Farnborough dating profile:
- A little about yourself: Tell us about you so that we can help you to find other like-minded singles (a little icebreaker or joke never hurts, either). Basic information such as your location is important to include here, so that other Farnborough-based singles will have an easier time reaching you.
- Share your key interests: If you have any burning passions or hobbies, it’s important to mention those, too. You’ll have the opportunity to use our criteria search tool to browse profiles for singles who share those interests, so if you’re a mean mixologist or a swimming superstar, you can find someone to take part in those passions with.
- A couple of photos: Upload some recent, non-blurry snaps of yourself, preferably giving your biggest smile.
If you’re ready to meet that special someone, register today for free and get your profile up and running in a matter of minutes. Simply click the ‘register’ button at the top of the page to begin your dating journey.