Dating on your mobile
Use your mobile phone to browse singles, view profiles and see photos on our dating website. Download our free dating app, and get access to exclusive mobile features.
match.com singles nights and events give members the opportunity to get together at venues near them and share a drink, enjoy an activity and get to know each other.Check out our free and paid Singles Events
Everything you need to know about dating, from free date ideas to blogs by match.com members, online dating tips, competitions, videos and much more.Free dating advice
Does match.com work?
match.com are proud that their dating site has brought many couples together over the years.
Read their stories about their match.com experience.
Online dating safety
Dating tips & advice
Online dating safety
- Only send messages to people you are interested in getting to know
- Be friendly and kind to others
- Keep dialogue on the dating website until you have built rapport
- Be yourself – imperfections and all
- Report any concerns to our moderators
- Respect others’ opinions and decisions
- Consult our Customer Care team for advice
- Don’t ‘spam’ a number of people with the same message
- Don’t be rude, lewd or offensive
- Don’t exchange contact details on a dating site until you’re ready to meet
- Don’t use fake, outdated or modified photos
- Don’t stand for abuse
- Don’t provoke or harass people
- Don’t respond harshly to rejection
Derby trial. Our commitment to our member’s safety. Read more...
Dating is fun but to ensure you do it in the safest way possible we have put together some golden rules to help you get the most out of your online dating journey.
- Never give money. If someone you are communicating with on a dating website asks you for money or your bank details they are likely to be a scammer. Read more about scammers here.
If you have experienced monetary fraud on a dating site, report it to Action Fraud via their reporting tool here.
- Don’t give out your number. Wait until you know someone a little better before you share your contact details. If someone asks for your number straight away, politely decline.
- Report unwarranted behaviour. If you encounter a suspicious member on a dating site or someone has been rude to you, do not hesitate to report them to the Customer Care team using the report buttons on their profile or a message. How to report someone.
- Meet in a public place. When you meet another match.com member for the first time, do it in a public place like a bar or a café. Do not go to their home and do not give them your address.
- Arrange your own transport. Don’t let your date pick you up from your home on your first meeting. Check the time of the last train/bus/tube.
- Tell a friend. Inform someone you know and trust that you are going on a date and give them details of where you are going.
- Stay connected. Make sure your phone is charged before your date.
- Take action. If you have encountered an incident of a serious nature call the police straight away and report your experience to match.com on 020 305 96 494, or by email.
- For further advice regarding your safety click here.
Our Customer Care team works hard to protect our members while keeping the site relaxed and enjoyable. To ensure that you have the safest experience, use your best judgement when dating.
Get dating advice and anecdotes from our very own Match bloggers on all things relationships! Our writers explore and prepare you for the thoughts and feelings we all experience on our dating journey to keep things fun and interesting. Check out some of our favourites:
Online dating advice:
Kate Taylor - Seven Steps To The Perfect First Email
Mind, body and soul:
Lara Loveless - 5 Ways To Improve Your Dating Success Without Actually Dating
Insights into the dating world:
Laura Yates - Eliminating Game Playing In Dating
Exciting and interesting date ideas:
Seb Goshawk - Our Top Free Dating Ideas In London
Keep up to date with all the latest articles over at the Match dating blog and make sure you’re as ready to start meeting new people!
Dating tips & advice
How to get the most of a dating website:
If you’re just starting out on your dating journey, looking for helpful tips and advice or simply curious about dating you’ve come to the right place! We have expert bloggers and articles covering the steps you’ll take, questions, date ideas, conversation tips and much more to help you along the way. Here’s a few pointers and helpful reminders to get you started:
1. Your Profile Photo
This is your chance to be in the spotlight! Begin by choosing the perfect profile photo to display to other singles. If you need to take a new snap, get hold of a smartphone and follow these tips to ensure you’re looking your best. Have fun, be honest and think about what makes you unique and interesting and make your photos count.
2. Get Text Appeal
You’ve got that initial attention, now it’s time for your personality to shine. Craft a unique, attention grabbing profile that leaves them wanting to know more. Don’t be shy, showcase your interests, avoid clichés and boring descriptions and get down to the real you to stand out from the crowd.
3. Search, Explore & Discover
You’re primed and ready to go! Now the real fun starts. There are a number of ways to find your potential dates. We’ll display some of our most eligible singles for you to browse, you can use ‘Shuffle’ to match with singles who also ‘like’ you profile photos and interests, or you can use the search function. Match allows you to filter for your perfect partner from location and age to body type and education - have a play and see who catches your eye! Always keep an open mind, don’t worry too much about ‘compatibility’ and you’ll be sure to find some fantastic people; from there it’s all up to you.
4. Be bold and make that first move
You’re in control! No matter your age, gender or appearance, it’s never too early to get in touch with someone you find appealing. Be bold and send that first message or let them know you’re interested with a wink. Keep things short and chatty to test the waters, remember that you don’t have anything to lose by reaching out and have fun getting to know the person on the other side of the profile; once you are ready, set up that first date!
- How to ask someone out on a dating site
- Advice on how to prepare for a date
- How to let him know you like him
- What to wear on specific dates
- The real truth about being compatible: 5 dating myths exposed
- Dealing with dating disasters
- 8 dating dos and don’ts
- Top 5 tips for first date conversation
- Overcoming trust issues
- Why women love chivalrous men
- 3 things you can learn from a bad date
- 3 ways to guarantee your first date goes smoothly
- Dating on a diet
- Free dating ideas
- 5 ways to get the most out of a dating website
- What do you want from using a dating site?
- 3 key things to consider when choosing a dating website
- How to sell yourself on a dating website
- The 5 pieces of dating advice you should definitely ignore
- Dates or mates: what does she see you as?
- Tips for men setting up a dating site profile
- Dating websites vs. traditional dating
- Do online dating websites work?
- Free date ideas to beat the blues
- Free dating ideas for singles in the north of England
- Free dating: How to impress a foodie for free
- Free dating ideas for cultural lovers in Manchester
- Free dating ideas for pre-Pay Day
- How online dating changed the world as we know it
- 3 golden rules to remember when finding love on dating sites