How can I keep myself safe on the site?
The overwhelming majority of singles on Match are people looking to have fun as they look for someone special. But like any online environment, it pays to stay safe.
Our Safety tips section has lots of information and tips, but here are a few golden rules:
- Don't give out information that could identify you easily in real life on your profile, and don't share such information too quickly while interacting with other Members.
- Stay on the platform while you get to know other singles. Users with bad intentions often try to move the conversation to text, apps, email or phone.
- Don't agree to meet in person until you're ready, and make sure your first date is somewhere public. If you meet someone you're interested in, take things at your own pace.
- Never be pressured into doing something or revealing something that makes you uncomfortable.
- Always remember that someone you meet online might not be who they say they are.
- Never share any Personal Identifiable Information (PII), or card numbers on the platform or anywhere else.
Our Moderation team is ready to intervene upon report, if anything a single says or does makes you uncomfortable, and has the power to permanently remove anyone from Match if necessary. They act completely confidentially, so anything you report is just between you and them.
You can contact the moderators by clicking the three dot button ( … ) and then Report this person on any profile or in the messaging window.
➔ But remember – bad experiences are few and far between on Match – We are here to back you up and hope you have a lot of fun as you search for that special someone!
Match puts the safety of its users at the center of its concerns, which is why you will find a dedicated space with many tips, click here.