If you’re looking for a website or app to help you meet your ideal match in the Wigan dating area, you’ve come to the right place.
Not only does Match make it easier for you to meet other serious singles (in fact, almost one in five Brits know a Match couple), we’ve also compiled some handy tips for how to plan that all-important first real date once you’ve met someone who really suits you.
Wigan Dating Services – What to Look for in an App
It can be hard to know what to expect from an app or online dating experience when you’re searching for Wigan dating services. These are the features that you should keep an eye out for when beginning your Wigan dating journey:
- Detailed profiles – There’s far more to a person than just their photograph, which is why we make sure that profiles on Match are detailed. After all, how will you find a fellow gardening enthusiast or keen skydiving partner if their profile doesn’t list these interests?
- Criteria search – Perhaps you’ve got a particular interest or quality in mind for your ideal match, such as a shared hobby or faith. Using our criteria search tool, you’ll be able to browse profiles for singles in Wigan who meet these criteria and begin getting to know one another.
- Help and support – We’re here to make your dating journey smoother, and it’s important to know that there’s support available should you need it. Get useful tips and advice as well as recommendations for profiles that might be just your cup of tea, all from your friendly virtual dating coach, Lara.
- The right atmosphere – At Match, our focus is on helping singles who are ready to commit to find their right match. If you’re looking for a real relationship rather than something more fleeting, make sure that the Wigan dating site you choose reflects that.
- Themed events – Once you’ve found someone you’d like to get to know and you’ve begun speaking with one another using our handy chat tools, including real video dates, you might be feeling ready to plan your first in-person date together. One option you can consider is inviting that special someone along to one of our themed events. Held across the UK, these events offer fun and original ways to get to know other singles with the pressure off. Take part in anything from quiz nights where you can show off your trivia prowess to cocktail masterclasses, all alongside local serious singles.
Share your great story here ! Tell us your love story!
Wigan Dating Area Best First Date Locations
Once you’ve met that special someone on Match, you’ll be ready to plan an in-person date. Of course, you’ll always have the option to invite them along to one of our themed events, but you might prefer to plan something yourself with that special someone. If so, here are our suggestions for a fun first meeting in the Wigan dating area.
- Wigan Roller Rink – Suggest a first date here and the pair of you will soon be on a roll! Plan ahead to make the most of their special themed sessions.
- Three Sisters Circuit – One for the adrenaline junkies; put your foot down (or perhaps show off your driving prowess) at the racing circuit. Have a go at anything from karting to whipping around the track in your own vehicle.
- The Old Courts – Plan a date at The Old Courts as Wigan’s top destination for live entertainment. Enjoy anything from music and theatre to comedy and film – all great ice-breakers!
The Great Outdoors
If you’d prefer something a little less adventurous for that all-important first in-person date, Wigan is a great place to plan a romantic picnic or simply a long walk and chance to chat. Any of these beautiful outdoor locations are sure to go down a treat – just mind you bring your wellies:
- Haigh Woodland Park
- Fairy Glen
- Worthington Lakes
If you’re a bit of a foodie or just think that the best dates take place in arm’s reach of a good dessert, suggest dinner to that special someone. Any of these restaurants will be perfect for dinner and some quality conversation:
- The Black Pepper – Offering dishes to cover a wide range of food requirements at reasonable prices, this friendly British bistro is a great option if you’re not exactly sure what food they’re into and want to cover your bases.
- Market Kitchen – Bright, colourful and healthy food is the order of the day at this family-run restaurant.
- Mrs Lyon’s Tea Room & Cakery – Take the pressure off by switching a full three-course dinner date for a simple afternoon tea and fresh cakes at this delicious tea room.
- The Raj – Curry and a good chat might just be the pinnacle of first dates, hence why we suggest a trip to The Raj. With five-star reviews coming out of their ears, The Raj is a strong contender for any first date plans in Wigan.
- Primo – With artistically plated Italian dishes being their strong suit, Primo is sure to charm your right match – after all, who doesn’t love a good pizza?
If you prefer your dates accompanied by a little liquid courage, you might want to opt for one of Wigan’s bars (we’d recommend taking a less is more approach to the drinks, though!). One of these popular drinking venues could be just the ticket:
- Wigan Central
- Hideout Wigan
- Casino de Cuba
- Revolution Wigan
The Wider Wigan Dating Area
If you’re willing to travel a little outside of Wigan for your dates, you open up access to all of the amazing opportunities in Manchester. With trains from Wigan to central Manchester taking only 40 minutes, this can be the perfect way to go to plan a date that’s a little out of the ordinary.
If you’ve met a fellow footie fan, a trip to the Etihad Stadium followed by the National Football Museum would be sure to get conversation flowing.
If you both enjoy a tipple, get the gin flowing instead at the City of Manchester Distillery.
Alternatively, if you’re feeling brave, you could suggest some time spent among the rafters learning the ropes at Parthian Climbing Manchester, a former church that’s been turned into a popular climbing centre.
Ready to meet someone special in Wigan? To start your dating journey, simply click “register” at the top of the page today to create your account for free. Happy dating!