Want to start a real relationship with your ideal match? Looking for someone special in the Manchester area but not quite sure where to start? Follow our handy guide to the best gay meets Manchester has to offer to start your dating journey.
We are fighting against dating fatigue caused by meaningless connections and hook-up culture, so, on Match’s gay dating app and site, you can build healthy, genuine connections that may just lead to love! While there’s nothing wrong with hook up culture – if that’s what you’re looking for – for gay singles in particular, when looking for a meaningful and/or long term relationship via a dating app or site, it can be so difficult to filter through and find like-minded queer singles looking for the same thing as you.
We all know that feeling of scrolling through your phone, looking for local men in Manchester to chat to about things you actually care about only to find cringey chat up lines. Match offers free trials which let you choose how much personal information you give out to whom which means you can start chatting with like minded gay singles with more security. Chatting and dating on your phone will feel like less of a chore and conversations are more likely to develop into new friends and new romantic interests.
After a while of online dating via gay dating apps and sites it can really feel like there are no good men left! As Match members however, you’re more likely to find like-minded users and other gay singles who want to chat about the same things you do and like yourself, are looking for the best possible outcome from free online dating sites!
Gone are the days of stereotypical gay dating – remember shows like Will & Grace where every guy they went on a date on was a shiny hunk? Sure, if you’re into that there are such men for you but also if you like a bit of scruff, a silver fox, a more femme gay man or someone who’s a chamelon and enjoys being fluid with their vibe, that person exists for you and can be found through online dating with Match. We want you to find the best gay man possible via our dating site and so we have created appropriate filters and algorithms which help search for like minded people.
We’re proud to champion all types of relationships and people, and we are committed to helping you find your dream man. Our gay singles may come from all different backgrounds and walks of life, but they share one key thing – they are looking to embark on a meaningful dating journey that leads to a committed relationship.
How To Start Gay Dating Manchester Style
When you’re searching for someone who really suits you, it can be difficult to know where to look. Often, online dating sites prioritise quick flings over helping you find your right match. That’s where Match comes in. We’re all about supporting people to find a meaningful connection with someone special.
Gay relationships give you the amazing opportunity to write your own rules and create your own relationship model! Your gay dating journey on Match will be rich with exciting experiences and is designed to help you make connections with men who share your outlook and who will fit naturally into your life. Do you see children in your future? Would you like to whisk your partner away travelling at a moment’s notice? Perhaps you’d like to be in a city surrounded by vibrant queer culture, or maybe you’re more interested in settling down in a quiet countryside spot. Meet gay men who share your priorities and are looking to build genuine connections, whatever they look like to you!
Of course, any dating process is filled with pros and cons and finding the right man may take only a couple or maybe several dating experiences. On Match we host an array of elite singles who view online dating with a positive outlook and want to experience the best gay dating site.
Online dating, speed dating and general use of dating sites and apps can feel exhausting. Figuring out when someone is available, whether they’re looking for a casual hook up or relationship or gauging what events you can go to together often requires time and effort. That’s where Match’s features come in. Match caters to an elite selection of the best single gay men of all ages in Manchester and beyond, all of whom are available for dating and looking for different things. We also have services that help to source local events for gay men that aren’t just London centred. We’re your meal ticket to happier online gay dating!
Register for free with Match to meet gay men in Manchester who share your passions and interests – fellow committed singles who are searching for a real relationship.Thousands of people have already met their partner on Match. Could you be next?
Setting Up Your Profile To Meet Gay Men in Manchester
Once you’ve registered with us for free, the next steps are smooth and straightforward – simply set up your profile for gay dating in Manchester by sharing a little about who you are so that we can recommend other singles who will be just your cup of tea.
We also want to make sure that you’re able to create a profile that you’re proud of. You can upload the best jpg so that you’re confident with your picture and thumbnail. Whether you’re from a small town or a big city, our filters help you find local events when dating and meeting gay men in your area. If you’re new to online dating in the LGBTQ community we will also make you feel right at home and navigate you to finding like minded people.
There are three main things to include when getting your profile up and running:
- Key info: Let us know your name, your area and some important details about yourself.
- Your interests: Share your main passions and priorities to help us suggest your ideal match.
- A few snaps: Upload a couple of pictures of yourself, making sure to opt for clear, recent pictures which include your face – bonus points for letting us see your smile!
Gay Meets in Manchester on Match
Once your profile is set up, you’ll be able to explore profiles for other gay men in Manchester who suit your interests. You can use our convenient criteria search tool to look for men with particular qualities so it’s easier to find other singles who share your love for cooking, your rugby obsession or your dedication to dance.
If you need any support, you can always turn to our friendly online dating coach Lara, who’ll be happy to help you on your dating journey.
When you’ve found profiles for men who you are interested in learning more about, you can begin messaging one another using the app and over time can move to talking more through live voice chat or enjoying a real video date.
After taking the time to get to know that special someone, you may feel ready to meet in person. When that time comes, use our recommendations below to come up with an ideal first date plan.
If you’re into speed dating events, club events or the best dating spots to go to in Manchester, we’ve got you covered so you can simply sit back and relax.
How can I help you? I'm looking for a partner
The Best Spots for Gay Meets Manchester Has To Offer
Our events cater to gay singles of all ages. Whether the best dating event consists of attending Pride followed by a club or festival tickets or perhaps you’d rather explore the coffee shops of the north, maybe even take a weekend trip to Glasgow or London with a handsome and mysterious man, then we have a plethora of dating ideas just for you at our fingertips.
There are plenty of different places to choose from as you get ready for that all-important first real date in Manchester. Whether you’re a fan of the great outdoors, prefer to get to know someone over a nice meal or want to share your passion for culture, there’s something to suit every taste in this vibrant and historic city:
- Take a hike: The Greater Manchester area is filled with stunning scenery for those who love to stretch their legs with a good walk. Pay a visit to the National Trust’s Dunham Massey site together for a romantic stroll through the ancient trees that make up this nearly 300 acres’ worth of parkland. Keep an eye out for the 150 deer that call Dunham Massey home and enjoy lots of time to get to know one another better as you walk. Another option is the beautiful Chorlton Water Park. This former farmland now features woods, wildlife and views over the River Mersey, as well as the option to enjoy some fishing or even a quick dip if the weather is on your side. With an accessible flat path to walk along as you chat, this is a good option for everyone. Why not bring along a picnic to share with one another for a little added romance?
- The big screen: Watching the latest film releases together is an ideal choice for a first real date if you’re feeling a little nervous about meeting in person because there’s no need to worry about filling a silence. Manchester is fortunate to have plenty of cinemas to choose from – a popular option is the Everyman Manchester St. John’s with its stylish retro interior decor. Alternatively, if you want a more modern and sleek experience, opt for the Vue Cinema Manchester Printworks.
- Wining and dining: Manchester really is the ideal place for a first date if you’re a restaurant connoisseur. With a range of quality restaurants each focusing on different nations and cultures, you and your special someone will be spoilt for choice. If you’re a fan of Argentinian cuisine, make a booking at the chic Gaucho on St Mary’s Street. If katsu, tempura and sake tickle your fancy, the highly rated Yuzu Japanese Tapas restaurant is well worth a reservation. For lovingly made European dishes, visit 63 Degrees (French brasserie style) or Gusto (modern Italian cooking). Once you’ve finished eating, head over to The Fitzgerald for cocktails in a fun, speakeasy-style setting.
- Culture vultures: If you’re a fan of the arts, visiting one of Manchester’s many museums and art galleries can make for a fun and interesting first real date, with plenty to talk about. The Science and Industry Museum – located on the site of the first ever railway station – is packed full of fascinating exhibits, while the vibrant Manchester Art Gallery sprawls over three buildings with endless artwork to discuss. If you prefer life with a flair for the dramatic, get tickets for the award-winning Royal Exchange Theatre’s most recent show and perhaps enjoy a drink or two in the bar after the final curtain.
Ready To Start Gay Dating In Manchester?
On Match, we cater to a diverse host of gay men all looking for different things. Some men may wish to book a short break, other wish to stroll down Canal Street, stay in the big city and explore Manchester’s gay village. Naturally, different age groups tend to prefer different types of activities and our gay dating ideas cater to each individual preference.
All set to meet gay men in Manchester and find someone who really suits you? Register for free with Match today by clicking the “register” button at the top of the page. Happy dating!