Want to start a real relationship with your ideal match? Looking for someone special in the Manchester area but not quite sure where to start? Follow our handy guide to the best gay meets Manchester has to offer to start your dating journey.
How To Start Gay Dating Manchester Style
When you’re searching for someone who really suits you, it can be difficult to know where to look. Often, online dating sites prioritise quick flings over helping you find your right match. That’s where Match comes in. We’re all about supporting people to find a meaningful connection with someone special.
Register for free with Match to meet gay men in Manchester who share your passions and interests – fellow committed singles who are searching for a real relationship.
Share your great story here ! Tell us your love story!
Setting Up Your Profile To Meet Gay Men in Manchester
Once you’ve registered with us for free, the next steps are smooth and straightforward – simply set up your profile for gay dating in Manchester by sharing a little about who you are so that we can recommend other singles who will be just your cup of tea.
There are three main things to include when getting your profile up and running:
- Key info: Let us know your name, your area and some important details about yourself.
- Your interests: Share your main passions and priorities to help us suggest your ideal match.
- A few snaps: Upload a couple of pictures of yourself, making sure to opt for clear, recent pictures which include your face – bonus points for letting us see your smile!
Gay Meets in Manchester on Match
Once your profile is set up, you’ll be able to explore profiles for other gay men in Manchester who suit your interests. You can use our convenient criteria search tool to look for men with particular qualities so it’s easier to find other singles who share your love for cooking, your rugby obsession or your dedication to dance.
If you need any support, you can always turn to our friendly online dating coach Lara, who’ll be happy to help you on your dating journey.
When you’ve found profiles for men who you are interested in learning more about, you can begin messaging one another using the app and over time can move to talking more through live voice chat or enjoying a real video date.
After taking the time to get to know that special someone, you may feel ready to meet in person. When that time comes, use our recommendations below to come up with an ideal first date plan.
How can I help you? I'm looking for a partner
The Best Spots for Gay Meets Manchester Has To Offer
There are plenty of different places to choose from as you get ready for that all-important first real date in Manchester. Whether you’re a fan of the great outdoors, prefer to get to know someone over a nice meal or want to share your passion for culture, there’s something to suit every taste in this vibrant and historic city:
- Take a hike: The Greater Manchester area is filled with stunning scenery for those who love to stretch their legs with a good walk. Pay a visit to the National Trust’s Dunham Massey site together for a romantic stroll through the ancient trees that make up this nearly 300 acres’ worth of parkland. Keep an eye out for the 150 deer that call Dunham Massey home and enjoy lots of time to get to know one another better as you walk. Another option is the beautiful Chorlton Water Park. This former farmland now features woods, wildlife and views over the River Mersey, as well as the option to enjoy some fishing or even a quick dip if the weather is on your side. With an accessible flat path to walk along as you chat, this is a good option for everyone. Why not bring along a picnic to share with one another for a little added romance?
- The big screen: Watching the latest film releases together is an ideal choice for a first real date if you’re feeling a little nervous about meeting in person because there’s no need to worry about filling a silence. Manchester is fortunate to have plenty of cinemas to choose from – a popular option is the Everyman Manchester St. John’s with its stylish retro interior decor. Alternatively, if you want a more modern and sleek experience, opt for the Vue Cinema Manchester Printworks.
- Wining and dining: Manchester really is the ideal place for a first date if you’re a restaurant connoisseur. With a range of quality restaurants each focusing on different nations and cultures, you and your special someone will be spoilt for choice. If you’re a fan of Argentinian cuisine, make a booking at the chic Gaucho on St Mary’s Street. If katsu, tempura and sake tickle your fancy, the highly rated Yuzu Japanese Tapas restaurant is well worth a reservation. For lovingly made European dishes, visit 63 Degrees (French brasserie style) or Gusto (modern Italian cooking). Once you’ve finished eating, head over to The Fitzgerald for cocktails in a fun, speakeasy-style setting.
- Culture vultures: If you’re a fan of the arts, visiting one of Manchester’s many museums and art galleries can make for a fun and interesting first real date, with plenty to talk about. The Science and Industry Museum – located on the site of the first ever railway station – is packed full of fascinating exhibits, while the vibrant Manchester Art Gallery sprawls over three buildings with endless artwork to discuss. If you prefer life with a flair for the dramatic, get tickets for the award-winning Royal Exchange Theatre’s most recent show and perhaps enjoy a drink or two in the bar after the final curtain.
Ready To Start Gay Dating In Manchester?
All set to meet gay men in Manchester and find someone who really suits you? Register for free with Match today by clicking the “register” button at the top of the page. Happy dating!