Even though sogaeting (소개팅 – blind-dating) is a popular practice in Korea, it can be difficult to find an ideal match of Korean descent in the UK. Meeting Korean singles if you don’t have Korean friends – or searching for a respectful and open special someone outside of your culture if you are of Korean descent – can be a challenge, but worry no more! Match is here to help with your Korean dating journey.
Is Match the Korean Dating App for You?
The UK continues to become a more diverse place every year (about 40,770 people of Korean descent are living in the UK today) and that’s wonderful! The sharing of cultures, language and life experience is the most exciting part of dating, but if you’re looking for someone specific, then we have your back.
Using our intelligent criteria search filters, our website will show you the profiles of people who share your interests, personality traits and general outlook on life. The filters will allow you to narrow down your search results by specifying your ideal match’s interests, physical appearance and lifestyle. At Match, we believe that dating should be fun, but we’re always on the lookout for serious singles who are ready to be involved in something special.
Match is also a great way to meet Korean singles if you’re not Korean yourself. We encourage respect and honesty and are champions of diversity, because there’s nothing more important than finding someone genuinely unique and interesting. Match has also taken the necessary steps to prevent harassment and discrimination. Our customer care team moderates every profile photo and profile description that is listed on our site so you can relax and date with confidence.
On our Korean singles webpage, you can even register for free and start browsing the profiles of single Korean women and men in the UK today.
Share your great story here ! Tell us your love story!
What Is South Korean Dating Culture Really Like?
If you’re not Korean but are interested in dating someone from a Korean background, or if you’ve spotted someone special and you want a few tips on how to navigate Korean dating culture, here are a few facts about South Korean dating culture you might enjoy:
- People wear matching outfits – Couples in Korea can be seen in matching looks. It’s completely okay to ask your special someone what they’re wearing and show up looking like a couple!
- PDA is avoided – It’s not a huge part of Korean dating culture. If you were to have a sneaky smooch with someone on a bench, you’d risk being told off!
- There are lots of celebrations – The traditional 100-day anniversary isn’t the only way Koreans celebrate! There’s also the 14th of every month (not just February!), which is a special couples’ day in South Korea.
- Keeping in contact is important – Messaging and texting are a must! Not only is it important to communicate with the person you’re dating, but in Korea, it’s a part of building trust.
- Karaoke and dinner – This might sound like something out of a TV show, but we promise it’s true! No one does dinner and karaoke like Koreans do.
Advice on Korean Dating
Now we’ve laid down the basics of your Korean dating app expectations, we can talk tips and advice!
First of all, it’s important to remember that at Match we are committed to your safety, and our dedicated customer service team is here to receive any reports of harassment or disrespectful behaviour. Never let anyone harass or abuse you based on your culture, appearance, lifestyle or disability status. Learn more about what we do to keep people safe on Match here.
Now, onto some Korean dating advice! Whether you’re hitting up Seoul Kimchi to pick up some ingredients for dinner in Manchester or heading to New Malden for some seriously spicy hot pepper paste, food is a big part of dating (as Shakespeare himself wrote: “If music be the food of love, play on.”) and it’s no different in Korean dating either. Perhaps you and your special someone already have some firm favourite dishes, or perhaps you’re looking to share your culture with one another and even show each other something new!
Here are some top Korean foods to try with someone special:
- Hotteok – A sweet pancake with cinnamon, honey and small pieces of peanut.
- Bulgogi – Grilled marinated beef traditionally eaten with ssamjang (a spicy red paste).
- Japchae – Stir-fried noodles with soy sauce and sugar.
- Tteokbokki – A street food made of rice cakes and fish cakes.
- Hangover stew – If you’re recovering from a night out, there’s nothing better than this beef broth-based stew with cabbage and bean sprouts.
How can I help you? I'm looking for a partner
Download the Match App to Begin Your Korean Dating Journey Today!
It’s important to us that our singles have fun and new, exciting experiences. So far, Match has been the starting place of 1.6 million relationships in the UK – and we don’t just have a website.
The Match app is an easier, on-the-go way to meet singles, including younger and older Korean women and men, and it has some key features to get to know:
- Thousands of singles near you. With the Match app, you can search whenever and wherever you are.
- Conversations using messaging or real video dates (helpful if you’re COVID-shy).
Match understands the unique challenges Korean dating presents and is well equipped to help you find something real, fun and enlightening.