If you’re looking for the Marianne to your Connell (we’re all still obsessed with Normal People, right?) then search no further! With Match, you can start your Irish dating story no matter where you are in the UK.
Why Use Match to Start Your Irish Dating Journey?
So you want to start dating? Well, first things first, you have to make a profile! With Match, setting up your profile is easy and quick. We even have some handy advice on how to write that all-important bio and make sure that whoever you’re looking for knows the authentic you.
Our smart criteria search features allow you to find singles near you as well as filtering for interests and making suggestions based on what you’ve put on your profile. So, if you’re Irish and looking for a fellow lover of the Emerald Isle, there’s a filter for that! If you’re a sucker for a fine brogue, you can search for that too.
We’ve helped over 1.6 million people in the UK meet someone who really suits them.* We prioritise personality, interests and desires to help people find a real relationship. There are enough Irish dating sites rife with hook-ups and go-nowhere dates! We care about committed singles who are searching for some serious chemistry.
*Data based on an extrapolation from Research Now survey conducted in April 2018, among a representative sample of 10671 persons aged 18+ in the UK, which has been combined with the total population of this age group (Source Eurostat 2018).
3% of interviewees have ever been in a relationship with someone they claim having met on Match.
Share your great story here ! Tell us your love story!
Find Irish Singles Near You
Did you know that a recent study by OnePoll found that the Irish accent is the sexiest in the entire world? Well, no matter where you are in the UK, you can commence your Irish dating journey right here on Match. With our aforementioned filters and our geolocation services, getting to know someone special has never been so simple – just turn on location services and the world’s your oyster (well, the UK at least)!
It can be a challenge to find someone who fits in with your lifestyle, culture and family plans, so we’ve made it as simple as we can, without excluding anyone. We champion diversity and believe that dating should be a fun experience without prejudice.
Meet Irish Singles Looking to Start Something Special
At Match, we have serious singles all over the UK who are looking to start something real. We also have plenty of dating advice for when that all-important first date does come around!
If you’re still looking for a reason to join Match today, feel free to have a read over some of the real stories from people who met on Match (and made it past those first message nerves).
Even better – signing up to Match is free! All you need to do is create your profile and set your filters to start Irish dating today.
How can I help you? I'm looking for a partner
Download the Match App to Get Swiping Anywhere, Anytime
With useful articles, tips and even our very own online dating coach, Lara, we are here to help if ever you should find yourself in need of some advice or encouragement.
For now, here are some top tips from Irish model Nadia Forde:
- Stay in contact – It’s true, there’s nothing worse than someone who never replies! Letting someone know you’re still interested is key to starting your Irish dating journey.
- Don’t be late – Arriving on time lets the other person know you respect them and their schedule.
- Wear good aftershave/perfume – Smelling good can be just as important as looking good. It should be noted that it is a cardinal sin to show up to a date just after the gym too.
- Don’t kiss on a first date – Well, not all the time, anyway. Some people don’t do kissing on the first date, and respecting people’s boundaries is a necessity, whether you’re Irish dating or otherwise.
- Send that sweet goodbye text – No Irish goodbyes allowed! Ducking out on a date that didn’t go well might sound like the best way to end things – for you at least – but it can leave the other person feeling unwanted and undesirable. It’s always best to be upfront, no matter how tricky it might be.
Join Match to Start Irish Dating in the UK Today
Are you ready to start something real? Sign up to Match today to start Irish dating in your area.
Meet committed singles who fit in with your criteria, and don’t forget that dating should be respectful, fun and truthful.