Love getting to know other people in a relaxed environment? Want to talk to other committed singles to start your dating journey? Our online chat sites are UK based and are the ideal way to meet your right match.
Take a look through plenty of detailed profiles of singles who are ready to commit, or read the specialised recommendations of our virtual dating coach Lara before getting to know each other using our fun online messaging system.
Searching for Free Chat Sites for UK Singles?
On Match, you can browse profiles of other singles who are looking for a committed match. Enjoy browsing and reading through detailed profiles to find your special someone, or use our criteria search to look for matches with a specific quality or interest. Once you find someone who you’re interested in learning more about, reach out to them via our online dating chat tool.
Not only is this a great way to chat but it also keeps your information secure, as you’re able to use our messaging system to begin the journey of building a real relationship, rather than needing to hand out your mobile number before you feel comfortable doing so.
Share your great story here ! Tell us your love story!
What’s the Best Way to Start a Live Dating Chat?
Starting a conversation with someone for the first time can be a little daunting, but there’s nothing to fear. Once you’ve discovered a profile for someone that you’d like to get to know, click the button to add them to your favourites list to let them know that you’re interested in finding out more about them. Next, you might want to send them a wink. This is Match’s version of giving someone your brightest smile – it’s an easy way to say that you’d like to chat.
Once you’ve sent your wink, you’re ready to open our instant messaging system and introduce yourself. Not quite sure what to say? Here are our top tips for beginning your online dating conversations:
- Be yourself – The most important thing to keep in mind when you’re writing messages is to be yourself – it’s your own unique personality that your special someone is searching for.
- Personalise your opening messages – Avoid standard opening lines like ‘How are you?’ or ‘Want to chat?’ in favour of something that shows that you’re interested in the other person and have read their profile carefully. For example, maybe you’ve noticed that you share a love for the same band or team – mention that, as it shows that you want to know more about them as a person and want to build a genuine connection.
- Ask questions – It’s always flattering when other people are interested in finding out more about us. Asking relevant questions can also help you to really get to know the other person, as well as naturally leading to more fresh topics of conversation. Having talked things through a little more online can also make you both feel a little more at ease when it comes to your first real date, as you’ll already have topics that you know you both enjoy discussing and maybe even an in-joke or two.
- Short and sweet – For your first message, avoid going for something too lengthy. The person you’re writing to may feel overwhelmed by an opening message that is several paragraphs long. Stick to something that is friendly, genuine and relatively short, and you’ll be on to a winner.
How to Use Our Dating Chat Sites for UK Singles
Unlike many free chat sites in the UK, we offer several different ways to talk to other singles before moving to an in-person date. Many people prefer speaking aloud to typing and love the chance to get to hear the other person’s voice – maybe their accent sweeps you off your feet or you love to hear their smile as they speak. After you’ve enjoyed talking to someone via our chat system, you can move to sharing live voice chats or real video dates, offering you the chance to hear the other person’s voice and enjoy talking face to face. For this reason, Match offers a few different ways to have a natter with your special someone.
- Live voice chats – Give your thumbs a break and move from typing to a live voice chat on our app. Not only can this make it a little easier to continue your conversation but this can also be a great way to break the ice further or find out more about the person you’re speaking with before you move on to an in-person date.
- Real video dates – Video chatting can be a great way to get to know someone a little more ahead of that first in-person date. Perhaps you’ve been talking about a shared interest and you want to show them your collection or virtually introduce them to a beloved pet.
- Themed events – Get to know other committed singles and meet in person at one of our fun themed events, with everything from music and wine-tasting sessions to live dating advice to choose from.
How can I help you? I'm looking for a partner
Choosing the Right Free Chat Dating Sites for You
Looking for free chat sites for UK dating? It’s free to register on Match! There’s no need to enter any payment details when you register, and you can take the opportunity to browse the site and look for singles who you might be interested in chatting with before starting a subscription.
Unlike with totally free chat dating sites, you’ll be able to reach out specifically to other committed singles and browse detailed profiles rather than receiving the spam messages and meaningless connections that are commonplace in many free dating sites. Better yet, our online dating coach Lara will recommend profiles to you that we think will suit what you’re looking for so it’s easier to find your right match.
From browsing profiles to that first opening message to time spent chatting or perhaps a live voice chat before you meet for an in-person date with your someone special, we’ll be there every step of the way to support you in your dating journey.