Dating over 50 can be a challenge. There’s stereotypes to get over, people who are set in their ways and all the issues of navigating an online dating site definitely don’t get any easier. But Match is here to help!
Whilst other dating sites and apps might try to suggest that dating over 50 means taking it slowly, we know that feeling happy and having fun are still high up on anyone’s priority list. Our free dating site is designed to find people who you really connect with, not just all the singles over a certain age in your area. Meeting new people and finding mutual interests is the aim of dating – and of course having fun too!
Why use our website for dating at over 50 years old?
Here at Match, we think that being over 50 is underrated. It’s an age where you really know yourself and what you’re looking for in others. Without all the frenzy of hookup dating in your early 20s, online dating over 50 is a totally different experience. It’s about enjoying yourself and not putting up with any nonsense.
Mature dating offers you a fun, relaxing community environment where you can meet interesting people either online or at our dedicated activities. You can get to know them better through our safe online chat feature before you decide to take the plunge and meet them in real life. We’ll offer you profiles who match your interests, location and search criteria, so you can be sure you’ll always have plenty in common.
As an active, confident person over 50 you know what matters to you, and also what doesn’t! At Match, you can have fun, find new friends and also start dating singles in your area – if that’s what you’re looking for. But we know that using serious online dating sites could be a whole new world for you, so we’re right by your side throughout your dating journey, helping you make meaningful connections with interesting people – and maybe meet them in real life.
Match does far more than connect you with singles who are in the same age range. Our advanced search tools will allow you to find a partner who understands what makes you tick. We want to match you with partners who share your core values, and our search filters are well equipped to help. This makes over 50s dating in the UK significantly easier than other dating sites for over 50s. Match can even go as far as recommending over 50s who are online at the same time as you, so you can chat, meet and date in an even more convenient manner.
Here on our over 50s dating site you can register for free, set up your profile and start browsing profiles of other singles today!Thousands of people have already met their partner on Match. Could you be next?
How to find love after 50
Being single and over 50 is a great time to start online dating. At Match, we understand the frustrations that can come with dating over 50s, but we are here to offer you our full support in any way we can. Using dating sites can be a bit different, but getting online and using our site and app has been made easy with our tips and tricks for going on dates and using our free site for over 50s.
Match has a number of expertly written articles in our tips and advice section. Whether you’re concerned about stepping back out into the dating world following a divorce or want advice about when to introduce your children to your significant other, Match has you covered.
On top of that, we also run Match social events, which are a great way to meet other over 50s in a fun group setting. Match social events place groups of singles together based on common interests and hobbies as outlined in their profiles. This means that you can step into the room full of confidence knowing that you have shared interests that you can converse about and fun activities to do!
Mature dating for singles over 50 has never been so easy. But if you do still have some anxiety, know that it is absolutely fine to bring a friend along with you to any Match social event. Remember, that your online profile doesn’t have to be a secret either! Asking your friends’ opinions and getting a sense of how to use online dating sites for over 50s from your nearest and dearest. People shouldn’t be shy about looking for singles on dating sites!
Our tips for using our dating site
There are a number of special features on the Match UK dating website for users to become accustomed to when they subscribe to our service. We want dating for over 50s to be as easy as possible, so we’ve crammed in a bunch of amazing tools to assist you on your over 50s dating search.
We’ve created the free to download Match mobile dating app, which means you can browse for over 50s on the go. We know that life can sometimes get in the way of dating, but with the Match mobile app you can continue talking to your partner wherever you may be.
We also have Lara, our virtual dating coach who will help guide you through any queries you may have. Over 1.6 million people have already started a relationship with Match, and Lara is on hand to make sure you can too!
Lara can help you set up your profile, but we are here to offer a few words of advice for some of our silver-haired singles who are searching for the special image to portray on our online dating app and site:
- Include photos of you doing your hobbies: Show off your personality a little! If you’re a pottery lover, feel free to add in some pictures of you crafting the perfect piece. If you’re more of a fan of climbing, get a friend to take some snaps of you scaling. It’s best to have some pictures that show you doing what you love – and hopefully someone else will follow suit.
- Don’t overuse filters: We’ve all seen those dating profiles on the apps! People using a filter in every single picture just means that you don’t know what they look like. It can be hard to drop the filter sometimes, but it’s best to be your authentic self and show what you really look like. Think of it this way: when you go out on a date, your date will be able to recognise you!
- Have at least one picture of all of you: It’s not particularly natural to have a full-length picture of yourself to hand at all times, but one on your online dating profile certainly helps. Meeting people online can be a little scary, so it’s best that they get a whole image of you. If you feel that someone is discriminating against you because of the way you look, a disability or the information on your profile, it is important that you report them to our moderators so that we can weed out all the bad eggs! We want serious, open-minded singles who are looking for a person, not a stereotype.
- Don’t use those ancient pics: There’s not much more to be said! Using older pictures on your online dating profile puts people off. You might only have older pictures of yourself but don’t be afraid to have fun, go out with a friend and have a little photoshoot in the park or just ask someone to take a picture of you somewhere you really like going. Having fresh pictures of yourself avoids making other people feel like you’ve catfished them (and who hasn’t been catfished on dating apps before, we know it doesn’t feel good).
- Remember to smile!: Smiling is the key to the soul. Showing off your smile means that people find you friendly and more approachable. There’s nothing worse than reading someone’s profile, finding them interesting, then looking at their pictures only to discover that they take themselves incredibly seriously. Everyone should be up for a laugh! And hopefully you can make your dates smile just as wide as you will be in your profile.
- Avoid an all-selfie extravaganza: Self-love? Great. Self-obsession? Not so hot. Going out on a date with someone who just takes pictures of themselves all the time is very off-putting to most people, especially serious singles who are looking to start a meaningful relationship. Communicating openness and true inner confidence is better done with sharing your passions, the person inside and letting your best side shine – maybe just not always on your front-facing camera.
We also have an outstanding customer service team, who will make sure that our servers are secure, and that unverified profiles are kicked out. After all, being in a relaxed state of mind is important when you’re searching for a partner.
After you’ve set up your profile, you are free to start making matches! Depending on what you want and who you’d like to date, our site and app can find people who share your love of books, or disdain for the local football team who just can’t ever seem to win. Whether you like women who love women or men who bring out the best in you, using Match, you can find serious singles who are looking to date people like you. We are committed to actively fighting inequality and prejudice on dating sites and apps and our block and report features are here for you if you find someone who makes you feel uncomfortable. Don’t hesitate to get into contact with us if you feel unsafe and we will resolve the issue as quickly and effectively as we can. Just because you’re online dating doesn’t mean you need to put up with harassment or unfair treatment.
How can I help you? I'm looking for a partner
Register for free today and start dating over 50s in just a few steps.
We don’t think that dating should be hard and no matter what your age, dating should be a fun and confidence building experience. We want our singles over 50 to meet people to spend time with and share in new experiences, fun times and exciting opportunities together. Sign up today for free and see if the singles in your area are ready to meet you… and just maybe find something special.