We at Match are here to help people start something special, whether that’s taking the first steps back into dating or supporting our committed singles in their dating journey. We understand that widows and widowers face particular challenges, but we believe dating should be fun and we’re here and ready whenever you are to start getting into new and exciting experiences!
Is Match the right widow dating site for you?
Unlike other widow dating sites, we allow widows and widowers to identify themselves – should they choose to – in the ‘About Me’ section of your profile. We believe it’s important to have clear options to let other singles know a little bit more about you without having to have any unwanted or difficult conversations.
Match is proud to be one of the dating sites recommended by National Widowers’ Organization, who support widowers in their grief and help them to move on whilst respecting their previous partner.
Share your great story here ! Tell us your love story!
When widow dating online, we follow your lead
It can be difficult to navigate using a widow dating site, especially if you haven’t dated in a while. At Match, we know that choosing to date again can sometimes feel scary and some people like to keep their dating lives to themselves, so we have some special features to protect your identity and ensure your safety when using our app and website:
- Incognito Mode, so that profiles won’t be notified if you visit them and your profile will only become visible to people you’re interested in. That mean less searching for you and you can spend more energy finding someone special.
- Zen Mode, for when there’s too many distractions and you’re trying to focus! In Zen Mode only people who match your pre-specified criteria can contact you and you can get on with finishing that project on time.
- Moderators that check every profile picture and description on our website, so you know you’re talking to someone real on the other side. Also, if a message or profile is making you feel uncomfortable, you can block or report them to our moderators.
- Our award-winning Customer Service team is available by email seven days a week and they work tirelessly to ensure that each reported profile is dealt with as quickly and simply as possible.
Here at Match, we want you to feel safe and have a meaningful dating experience. Plus, there’s great advice about staying safe and meeting in person (when you’re ready for it!) on our advice page – feel free to check it out here.
Meet widowed singles looking to start something special
Meeting someone new when you’ve experienced loss can be a daunting experience, but we have some tips and advice on everything from first date nerves, fun pickup lines to try (or not) and even how to build trust when you’ve started dating again.
If that’s not enough, here’s some key dating advice from online dating widower specialist Christine Baumgartner:
- Increase your self confidence – it can feel like no one will care for you as much as your partner, but to feel for someone special so deeply is a good thing – it means you have lots of wonderful things about you and perhaps you could share those with someone new.
- Talk to your friends – talking to friends is a fundamental part of the grieving process and it can be useful to see what the people who know you best think about you moving on. Remember though, that you know yourself best and you should always do what is right for you.
- Starting dating again – ask yourself some key questions: Do you miss the joy of getting to know someone new? Do you feel ‘stuck’ in your grief and you’re looking to move on? Do you just want a little bit more fun in your life? If any of these are a yes, it might be time to start dating again!
- Remember love is like a candle – lighting another doesn’t make the first one lose any power.
It’s also worthwhile to know that you’re not alone – 5.7% of the UK population are widows or widowers – and with Match we are here to help you find someone who understands your experiences and will accept you for exactly who you are.
How can I help you? I'm looking for a partner
Ready, set, go!
We’re here whenever you’re ready to start searching for someone special.