On the lookout for someone special? Wanting to meet other singles but unsure where to start? We’ve put together this convenient guide to lesbian dating in Manchester to help you find your ideal match.
Where To Find Other Lesbian Singles In Manchester
When you’re trying to meet other committed singles, it can be hard to tell what other women are looking for or where to find them. Dating apps can be a handy way to get first hand information on whether someone is looking for love – without having to ask. The challenge is to find a dating app that is compatible with your goals. That’s where Match comes in. We focus on bringing together committed singles who are searching for meaningful connection and real relationships.
Setting Up Your Profile For Lesbian Dating Manchester
Registering with Match is quick and simple. There’s only 2 key things you need to do to get your profile up and running:
- Introduce yourself: Upload some basic background info such as your name and area, and also let us know what your main interests are. If you’re a budding photographer or are on the hunt for a fellow surfer, let us know!
- Share some snaps: Pick your favourite photos of yourself to add to your profile – make sure to include your face and to opt for clear, recent shots.
Meeting Other Singles On Match
Once your profile is ready to go, we’ll introduce you to profiles for women near you who we think might be perfect for you and suit your preferences and personality. Reach out to anyone who takes your interest, and if it’s a mutual match you’ll soon be getting to know each other either over text chat or a live voice call.
The Best Places For Lesbian Dating In Manchester
After you’ve taken some time to learn a little about each other, you might feel comfortable setting out on a first real date with one another. Luckily, Manchester is full of ideal spots to enjoy someone’s company, whatever your interests:
Food and Drink
Both dedicated foodies? Give one of these tasty places a try:
- Richmond Tearooms – Head over to the chic Richmond Tearooms to share an afternoon tea for a fancy first date complete with scones, cakes and hopefully some sizzling chemistry!
- No 1 Canal Street – Offering tasty and delicately plated dishes with gastropub-style flavours, this is a good compromise on staying laid back while still enjoying high quality food together.
- Cottonopolis Food & Liquor – Sample asian-inspired meals in a trendy industrial warehouse-style restaurant, featuring a full bar if you feel like treating each other to a post-meal cocktail or two.
- Food Sorcery Cookery & Barista School – Show off your best baking techniques and maybe learn an extra trick or two with one of Food Sorcery’s cookery sessions. Book ahead for a particular topic like vegetarian or vegan cooking or for a specific cuisine such as middle eastern or vietnamese.
The Great Outdoors
If you’re able to travel a little outside central Manchester and head into Greater Manchester or the surrounding areas, there’s a wealth of natural beauty to explore for the outdoorsy types. Be sure to dress for the weather and perhaps bring along a picnic for added romance:
- Dovestone Reservoir – This beauty spot is the stuff of legends (and great social media posts). Take the 3 mile walk around the edge of the reservoir for endless views over the water and surrounding woods and hills, or extend to the wider 5 mile loop if you’re enjoying each other’s company too much to come home early.
- Wythenshawe Park – This massive 270 acre park is the perfect place for a stroll and good conversation over a coffee or two. There’s plenty to see here – woodland, meadows, a community farm and Wythenshawe Hall in the centre of the park.
- Marsden Moor – Fancy taking in some fresh air and stunning views together but not sure how far you want to walk? Head to the moor for choices of trails of anything from 2 to 10 miles in length and look over the Peak District, canal and more. After you’ve had enough of walking and talking, make your way to one of the many nearby country pubs for a drink and a bite to eat.
Who said staying indoors has to mean less adventurous? Manchester has plenty to offer in terms of fun first date activities that allow you to avoid the rain while getting to know each other:
- Chill Factore – As the UK’s longest indoor ski slope, this is a fun option if you’re wanting to (quite literally) break the ice. Whether you wow her with your skiing prowess or simply have a good laugh together, this is sure to be an enjoyable experience.
- Rock Over Climbing – If you’ve both got a good head for heights this makes for a great opportunity to show each other the ropes. This massive climbing gym is reasonably priced too, making for an exciting first date that still stays on budget.
- Royal Exchange Theatre – Making a theatre reservation can be an ideal way to arrange a first date that is memorable and interesting without feeling the pressure to come up with lots to talk about. Opt for anything from a dark horror play to a cheery musical to suit that special someone’s interests.
- People’s History Museum – A fascinating museum that takes the focus off lords and ladies and onto working people in the UK throughout history, the many exhibits that make up this building are completely free to tour, meaning a budget friendly option for those who’d like something a little different. If she’s a history buff or passionate about politics, this will make an ideal first date suggestion – after all, what’s more attractive than watching someone wax lyrical about a topic they really care about?
Start Your Journey To Lesbian Dating Manchester
If you’re ready to begin searching for someone who really suits you, register for free today by clicking the ‘register’ button at the top of the page. Hopefully you’ll be on one of the dates described above in no time!