So you’ve found someone special, and you’re making plans. Great! Now comes the challenge though – time for that all important first kiss. If you’re looking for advice on how to kiss a girl, you’ve come to the right place:
How To Kiss A Girl – First Time Steps and Top Tips
Follow this step-by-step guide to begin your kissing career with that special someone:
- The first step is, of course, to arrange to meet up with her. Arranging a serious date is a good way to let her know that you’re interested in being more than friends and to set the scene ready for your first kiss.
- Make sure that she seems open to kissing, too. If she’s being flirty or physically affectionate with you, you’re probably onto a winner. If she’s being verbally short and physically closed off (think crossed arms for example), you might be better waiting to see what she has in mind.
- Once you’re confident that she’s open to kissing, find the right time – it might look great in the films, but swooping in out of nowhere for a kiss doesn’t always go well. There are times that feel more natural for a kiss – think the end of the date for example. You might want to be physically affectionate in more subtle ways first, to get a feel for whether she is open to a smooch. Putting an arm around her for example is a great tried-and-tested technique; if she leans into you, then she’s feeling it too.
- You’ll usually be able to sense when she’s up for it, but do also be brave and battle through those nerves – confidence is sexy, after all!
- Relax, it’s going to be fine, and relaxing mentally will help you to physically relax a little, which will make you a better kisser.
- Look into her eyes and then lean forward slowly (all important to avoid banging foreheads).
- Gently kiss her on the lips, opening your mouth slightly as you do so – emphasis on slightly.
- If she reciprocates by kissing back, continue kissing her gently and allow the kiss to go at her pace – she may want to escalate to a full snog or prefer to keep things a little more understated. Once you’ve initiated the kiss, follow her lead to let things continue once you’re sure she’s enjoying herself, too.
Voilà! You are officially a successful kisser!
How To Kiss A Girl Correctly
So you’ve used our step by step guide and nailed your first kiss. Time to level up by implementing our top tips for how to kiss a girl correctly:
- Keep it short and sweet, unless she tells you otherwise. This gives her the chance to go in for a second kiss herself, which is always a nice ego boost (and proof that our kissing tips are perfection).
- Don’t open your mouth too much – tonsil tennis is not many girls’ favourite pastime, so we’d recommend keeping your tongue inside your mouth unless she starts exploring with her tongue first.
- Relax your face as you kiss her – it may be time to “pucker up”, but avoid pursing your lips too much, this will help you to kiss her more gently.
- Leave the garlic bread at home for another occasion and opt for fresh breath instead. Mints are always a plus, too. You may even want to splash out on some colourless lip salve if your lips are chapped.
- While you’re kissing her, you might want to put your arms to use. Classic moves include gently touching her face or putting a hand in her hair (avoid tugging it out!). Alternatively, you might want to slide your hands around her waist in a low hug or place a hand on her back.
- It might seem counterintuitive given you’re currently reading all about this topic, but try to avoid overthinking your kisses. Once you start kissing her, if you’re both enjoying yourselves it will feel natural and you’ll know what to do next.
How To Get A Girl To Kiss You
Perhaps you’d prefer to let her lead the way. Whether this is down to nerves or just a personal preference, it’s totally understandable if you’d prefer not to be the one to initiate a kissing session. However, if you’d prefer not to kick things off yourself, it will help if you find ways to show her you are interested in being more than just friends.
This is where that date invite can come in handy – if you’ve organised a meeting for just the two of you, particularly if you’ve opted for something romantic, she’ll be clued into the fact that you’re developing feelings for her, which might just give her the confidence to give you a kiss or two.
Whether you feel ready to suggest a date or not, being affectionate towards her is another way to encourage her to plant a kiss on your lips. Show her you like what you see by being flirty – think cheeky jokes and compliments – but be careful not to make her feel like you’re only interested in her looks. Eye contact is also all-important, as is showing her that you’re interested in what she has to say, so listen carefully and ask genuine questions to show that you’d like to find out more about her.
Physical touch is also crucial if you’re trying to convince a girl to kiss you, to show her that you’re open to taking your relationship to the next level. Whether it’s touching her face, gently placing a hand on her arm or leg or just putting an arm around her, any of these will let her feel more confident in going in for a kiss.
Ready To Get Kissing?
So there you have it – those are our top tips for how to kiss a girl. Of course, the most important step of all is actually finding the right girl to pucker up to in the first place. If you’d like a little support on your dating journey, register for Match for free today to begin browsing the profiles of interested singles in your area – your ideal match (and perfect kiss) is just around the corner!