If you’re ready to start your search for that special someone, you won’t want to skip our handy guide to gay dating in Glasgow. Whether you’re searching for recommendations on where to go for that all-important first real date or for top tips on where to meet other committed singles, we’ve got you covered.
How to Begin Gay Dating in the Glasgow Area
Perhaps you’ve already tried the gay meets Glasgow has to offer and are wanting a bit of support as you find that special guy. If so, you may want to consider giving Match a try.
As you’ll be aware if you’ve spent much time in the online gay dating scene, different sites help people to meet different dating aims. At Match, we prioritise helping people who are searching for a meaningful connection in a real relationship rather than focusing on short term flings. If you’re gay and are ready to meet someone who really suits you in the Glasgow area, joining Match is the first step of your dating journey.Thousands of people have already met their partner on Match. Could you be next?
Creating Your Profile for Gay Dating in Glasgow
Once you’ve registered with us, you’ll have the opportunity to quickly set up your dating profile so that we can find you your ideal match.
This is a simple and speedy process. Here’s what you’ll need to include so that we can suggest other Glasgow singles to you who fit your goals:
- Key information – This can just be a few quick lines to introduce yourself: your name, your area and a few basic details about who you are.
- Say cheese – Share a couple of photos of yourself, making sure to opt for recent snaps. It’s important to have a clear photo of your face – you may also want to include a picture next to your favourite Glasgow landmark.
- Your interests – To give you the best chance of finding other singles who you’ll have plenty in common with, tell us about your interests. If you’re a budding violinist, dedicated bookworm or gym enthusiast, we want to hear about it!
The Best First Dates for Gay Dating Near Glasgow
Once you’ve met someone special on Match and had plenty of time to get to know each other, you might decide you’re ready for a serious date to find out more about the guy in question.
Happily, when it comes to gay dates, Glasgow is full of perfect places to meet someone in person.
How can I help you? I'm looking for a partner
Great Spots for Gay Meets in Glasgow
Glesga has tons of exciting locations for a first in-person date. The real challenge is deciding which one to choose!
- Glasgow Science Centre – Featuring a huge number of exhibits, you’ll find there are lots of chances to chat while you explore this planetarium, cinema and scientific attraction all rolled into one.
- Glasgow Film Theatre – Whether you’re dedicated film buffs or simply feel more comfortable watching a movie together as a classic first date activity, this cinema constantly plays host to a huge range of films, with everything from independent documentaries to old classics on regular display.
- The Scottish Football Museum – If you’re both fans of the beautiful game, there’s plenty to talk about as you take a stroll through this popular museum. A key highlight is the chance to spot the Scottish Cup, the world’s oldest national football trophy.
Wining and Dining
Maybe you’re a foodie or would like to share your passion for a particular food or drink with that special someone. Glasgow is an ideal place to do this, featuring everything from stylish Michelin-recommended restaurants to more laidback eateries.
- La Lanterna – This popular restaurant manages to stay at a reasonable price point while serving up delicious Italian dishes accompanied by a tempting and well-chosen wine list. The lasagne comes well recommended, but there are lots of different options to choose from if you enjoy taking your time with a menu.
- Sapporo Teppanyaki Glasgow – Dining at this Japanese restaurant is definitely an experience. Watch your food be expertly prepared in front of you on sizzling grills by skilled chefs before you devour it, and be sure to book ahead to guarantee your seats. Alternatively, if the sun is shining, why not opt for a takeaway and head to a popular beauty spot to enjoy your meals?
- Drygate Brewery – Sample some of Glasgow’s best beers at this iconic local brewery while watching the big game together or enjoying the chance to talk. If the weather’s nice, step out onto the terrace to enjoy the sunshine while choosing from the 26 different ales on offer.
The Great Outdoors
If both you and that special someone are outdoor enthusiasts, why not take advantage of the beautiful countryside near Glasgow to plan a really special first date?
- Pollok Country Park – For a first in-person meeting with the “wow” factor, you really can’t go wrong with Pollok Country Park. A past winner not only of Britain’s Best Park but also the Best Park in Europe, the stunning 146 hectares of woodlands and gardens that make up this park are the ideal place to enjoy a picturesque stroll while getting to know one another a little better. If you’re culture vultures, step inside Pollok House, the grand stately home at the centre of the park, to view an impressive collection of Spanish art and enjoy some post-walk refreshments in the cafe.
- Glasgow Botanic Gardens – Get closer to nature with a tour of these beautiful historic gardens. No need to cancel if the weather turns – the large glasshouses here feature extensive collections, so there’s plenty of time to chat and explore while staying safely indoors!
- Glasgow Green – By far Glasgow’s oldest park, this beautiful open space has been treasured by locals since the 15th century. Bring a picnic and take in the views over the north bank of the Clyde together while sharing your favourite dishes for a seriously romantic gay date in Glasgow.
Ready to start your search for great gay meets with Glasgow singles? Begin your journey to your ideal match by registering for free with Match today. Simply click the “register” button at the top of the page to meet other committed gay singles in Glasgow. Happy dating!