Are you ready to ditch the Russian dating sites and start something real? Match is here to help!
With singles all over the UK on our site and app, there’s no time like the present to kick off your dating journey – especially now we can actually meet in person again.
Is Match the Russian dating site for you?
As of 2016, the Office of National Statistics estimates that there are around 66,000 people who were born in Russia living in the UK. Even though the number of people of Russian descent increases every year, it can still be tough to find someone with the same background as you to date (or a different one too!), so Match is here to help. With over 387,000 conversations starting on Match every month**, we are experts in helping people create real relationships and we’re committed to connecting serious singles from all walks of life! Register with Match today to start your Russian dating journey.
**Internal data – average number of conversations (=2 messages exchanged between 2 members) starting on Match every month – October to December 2020.
Share your great story here ! Tell us your love story!
How do I set up my Russian dating profile?
Need help setting up your profile? We have plenty of advice just for you.
Firstly, it’s important that you set up profile pictures. Including images of you doing things you love to do, hobbies or include a pet picture to make sure people know who they’re talking to – oh, and always include a full body shot.
Next, it’s time to write your personal bio. Keep it personal and don’t write overly formally or all about work – remember, you’re looking to make serious connections and have fun! So make that bad joke or tell that slightly embarrassing story.
Finally, make sure you don’t embellish on the truth. If your bio or pictures are misleading then it makes it difficult for people to get to know the real you. Leave out the filters and include the kids – you’re not looking to impress everyone, just make a real connection with someone special.
Some top tips: Don’t use that Russian pickup line…
“Hey, why you always Russian…” Yep, people really do use that! It’s best to avoid chat up lines (unless you have a really, really good one), but there are other ways to impress and keep things lighthearted! When you’re Russian dating, it’s important to make sure you’re not making jokes or saying anything that might offend someone’s sensitivities and especially not their background. So, the jokes should be left at home, but bringing flowers (an odd number) is much appreciated. Here’s a few more tips on being culturally aware when using a Russian dating site:
- If you’re giving someone flowers, make sure there’s an odd number – in Russia an even number of flowers is considered a bad omen. In fact, the only place you’ll see a bunch of 10 or 12 is at a funeral.
- Be on time – as in many cultures, it’s rude to be late! Being late can be a sign of disinterest and even disrespect in Russia, so don’t leave your date waiting.
- Don’t assume the bill will be split – a key part of Russian dating is that the man usually pays (this isn’t the case all the time of course). For many Russian women dating is a serious matter and they, like all women, expect to be respected and cared for. In Russia, this includes paying for at least the first few dates.
- Take meeting the parents seriously – family is highly important in Russia. Most people have very close familial bonds and are keen to introduce their special someone to their parents, but a word to the wise, take the Russian phrase “you marry the family first” to heart on this one!
- Understand your values and talk about theirs – communication is the secret to any real relationship. Talk to the person you are dating and ask what they expect and come prepared with your expectations too.
- Dress to impress – Russians love to dress well. It can be hard to pick an outfit for a date, but basing your decisions on the activity you’ll be doing is a good idea. If you’re still a little stuck, here’s some tips on how to dress for a first date.
How can I help you? I'm looking for a partner
Don’t forget – dating should always be fun, respectful and exciting! Every date is a new experience and getting to know someone who really suits you is just a message away.